Become a Library Volunteer
Please fill out the application below. Please note that volunteers must be at least 14 years of age to volunteer at the New Port Richey Public Library. Any volunteers ages 18 or older will be subject to a background check. The City of New Port Richey does not participate in court ordered community service.
Here are some of the possible tasks with which our volunteers can assist:
- Media Tester: Resurface and clean video/audio discs. Listen to or watch materials for damage. Report findings to supervisor.
- Technology Assistant: Assist members with basic computer questions including but not limited to: logging in to the public computers, accessing/searching the internet, printing documents, using Microsoft Office products, setting up email and applying for jobs online. Refer members to appropriate staff for complex requests. Provide basic computer troubleshooting.
- Display Designer: Create and install interesting displays on a monthly basis. Interact with staff to determine the display needs for the month. Use the library catalog to research and locate materials for the display. Restock the display on a weekly basis.
- Library Greeter: Greet and welcome members. Assist with new library card application process. Give informal tours and help members find materials. Assist members with the catalog.
- Library Sleuth: Diligently search and find materials from either a printed list or one on an iPad. Scan barcodes into a list on iPad.
- New Member Welcome Packet Assembler: Prepare welcome packets for new members. Advise supervisor when materials are low. Set up and clean up work area.
- Shelf Custodian: Straighten, shift and arrange materials on assigned shelves, in correct order. Dust assigned shelves. Pull materials in need of attention and give to supervisor.
- English Language Tutor: Facilitate English learning and practice opportunities for adult learners. Maintain a regular twice-weekly tutoring schedule. Work one-on-one with assigned student. Submit monthly reports on time.
- Basic Literacy Tutor: Provide basic literacy instruction for adult learners. Maintain a regular twice-weekly tutoring schedule. Work one-on-one with assigned student. Submit monthly reports on time.
- Youth Book Inspector: Wipe down board books in the youth room. Check picture books for tears or other damage.
- Member Support Assistant: Inspects, cleans and checks in items. Puts DVDs and music CDs in security cases. Distributes checked in items to appropriate carts for shelving. Refers damaged, partially missing or questionable items to staff for review.
- Event Assistant: Help prepare any materials or displays to be used in library-sponsored events. Assist with event set up and takedown. Great and welcome event attendees. Introduce guest speakers. Collect event surveys. Document total number of event attendees.